If you are planning a custom closet design in Las Vegas, Nevada, Pacific Custom Millwork has a few tips for planning walk-in closets that make the most of the available space.
- Consider Your Clothing For Your Walk-In Closet
- Custom Closet Designs With Shoe Storage
- Optimize Your Walk-In Closet With A Bench Or Island
- Use Lighting To Illuminate Your Wardrobe
- Make Your Closet Look Larger With Full-Length Mirrors
- Maximize The Space In Your Closet
- Add Tech For A Smart Walk-In Closet
1. Consider Your Clothing For Your Walk-In Closet
It’s an obvious first step, but you will need to evaluate your clothing types. The hanging space in custom closets can be divided into double and single-hang sections, with the double for shirts and slacks and the single for longer items like dresses or long coats. Consider, for example, whether you need to store a lot of thick winter sweaters or long formal gowns.
2. Custom Closet Designs With Shoe Storage
Everyone needs a designated shoe storage area, and it is a highly customizable feature of custom closets. You must consider whether your shoe wardrobe includes many large items such as boots.
3. Optimize Your Closet With A Bench Or Island
If your closet has a bit of space in the middle, you can add an island with drawers or a built-in laundry hamper. Another item to consider placing in a large closet is a bench, which can include storage features.
4. Use Lighting To Illuminate Your Wardrobe
The most organized wardrobe area in the world will not be user-friendly without adequate light. Whether you choose small LED lights or a big showy chandelier, you want to illuminate all the corners.
5. Make Your Closet Look Larger With Full-Length Mirrors
Of course, your dressing area will need a mirror. In addition to being a feature you use daily, a mirror can really magnify the light within your space. If you are pressed for space, you can put a mirror on the door or even choose mirrored doors.
6. Maximize The Space In Your Closet
Your closet reaches from the floor to the ceiling, so you might as well use every inch of the space. Consider adding high shelves or areas to hang accessories (belts, ties, jewelry). Some people like installing a safe in the closet to protect their valuables.
7. Add Tech For A Smart Walk-In Closet
Add a few USB ports to your closet to charge your watch and other gadgets. Maybe you want to install a speaker to play your favorite tunes every morning.
Plan Your Custom Closet With Pacific Custom Millwork
Pacific Custom Millwork, Inc. in Las Vegas, Nevada, will design the wardrobe space of your dreams. Our experienced artisans will use custom woodwork to make the most of every inch of your space. Call us today to discuss all your custom closet ideas.